We offer outstanding Maritime English courses around the world
Understanding and using Maritime English is crucial to effectiveness in today’s global maritime industry, where the workforce is increasingly multinational and multilingual. Under the STCW convention, all officers must have a good standard of Maritime English. There are 5 key elements:
- Health, safety, and security on-board, to ensure the well-being of all those on the ship
- Handling emergency situations often between different nationalities in very challenging circumstances
- Effective on-board communication between crew whose only common language is English, so helping teamwork and unity
- Communication with shore-side authorities – vessel traffic services, port authorities, cargo, customs, and other personnel
- Customer service on Cruise and Passenger carrying ships, maintaining excellent standards of customer service and customer experience
Our Maritime English Courses develop practical Maritime English skills, including a command of SMCP. Course design is based on a combination of the IMO Model Course 3.17 (2009 edition) and on the specific language skills required by each group of learners.
Courses are delivered in company training rooms, at specialist training centers worldwide and online. We include preparation for the international Marlins and MarTEL Maritime English tests where required.
Please contact us to find out more.
3 Reasons to Book with SLC
Our in-depth knowledge, experience and independence ensures you get the training you need.
Because courses are customised and highly targeted, you save time and money.
Targeted training enables your staff to operate successfully in an international environment.
What To Do Now
If you want speak to someone direct please call us on +44 (0)1273 757535.
If you would prefer to email please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will work with you to make sure you book the best course for what you need.