Specially written for medical universities and teaching organisations
Essential online materials for teachers and students
Fresh, updateable, customisable content, written by experts
The Challenge for Today’s Medical Students
English is the lingua franca of international medicine and pharmacy. Medical students – and professionals – need English more than ever so they can:
- write clear and effective academic texts
- keep up with the latest research
- attend and speak at conferences
- study and practice overseas
- participate in international projects
- network effectively in a global healthcare environment
However, for many thousands of international students around the world, studying medicine in English is difficult. Listening to lectures, reading research articles and writing reports is challenging for native speakers, let alone if English is a second or third language.
So, what to do?
SLC’s online English for Medical Academic Purposes course is designed specifically to meet these challenges. The course gives you the language skills you need to study and practice in an international environment. On this course, you:
- develop the skills and strategies you need to listen effectively to academic talks or read academic texts
- learn the key features of academic writing, so you are able to write abstracts, articles and research papers clearly and effectively
- expand your academic vocabulary
- deepen your knowledge of grammar and structure
- improve your study skills so you develop your ability to learn and research independently
Higher Education Institutions
Are you a university, medical school or college? Our online materials provide outstanding support for your teachers and students.
Fresh, updateable, multi-media content which can be used as both classroom materials and self-study. Our academic team would also be happy work with your teachers to maximise what they can do and provide the best for your students.
Contact us for more information.